DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Back in the Crafty'oom again

Yey!!! I have managed to get back to do some stuff this week, in my crafty'oom, and have done a tag for DragonsDream Tag It On... it's STEAMPUNK, so on trend just now, so why not have a go at getting inky and sticky... I might find a ickle prize if we get enough entries!!...deets over there...

Anyhoo... I really enjoyed myself, using some of my new stash... I have spent WAY too much recently, but I don't care, cos I am worth it... so get a cuppa and have a look at the photos...

 This first pic shows one of my new stamps from sets by Creative Impressions... great steam engine (NOT "train", cos this is only the locomotive... my dad drove them for YEARS and he hated it when peeps called the engine the train... so back to the plot!!) I used my fab distress inks - mainly pumice stone, black soot and a smidgin of vintage photo...

 Wonderful Wendy Vecchi art parts watch here, left completely untouched, as the colour is just right for my scheme. Inside is a cog from a set from C&C and the lock is from Sir Tim, of course.

 Here is the whole tag, in all it's glory... I am LOVIN the colour, which is not really much colour, but so subtley yumminess...

 A detail shot here of the TH bulbs and a Vintaj dragonfly... the bronzy cogs are from a strip of the Kanban sticky vellum - is it vellacitate?? - from their steampunk set... I love it and wil use it more and more, now I have tried it... but perhaps I will cut into it a bit more, cos the straight line does show up a bit!!

 New clock hands here and one of my new, ickle metal butterflies, and a TH clock from his paper stash... all so grungy and attic-looking. Hope it fits with the emporium, Wanda??!!

 The three fellas are from a set by TH, obviously, it's a well known image now, and I love how they just fit at the end of a tag, as if by magic???!! ... I did have a go with a couple of my Pan Pastels that I bought when I went to do a session with Lin, at LB Crafts, last week.. It is a wonderfully soft grey colour and I pressed through a new floral stencil, as you can spy by the long key...

 And this shot??? Well, it's NOT my tag extended, it is a wonderful page from the DCWV Tattered Time stack... I LOVE it... it's a fantastic set of images. I am expecting a kit - my first - from the incomparable Laura Denison, of  The Paper Trail. It's a mini book full of space for tags, journalling and piccies, using this fabulous paper, and I will have some to use and some to stroke!!!! Tee hee... So I will be making that when it comes. I am also about to start the Vintage Suitcase I had the pattern for, some time ago, to store a mini of piccies of Egypt I want to make... So much to do, so little time!!! But lots to keep me going, and getting back into gear.

So there we are, finally some craft to share with you!! been a long time eh.?? Not yet ready to take up my DT duties yet, because there are many things I can't do well at the mo, but I am keen to get on with making stuff. So please leave me a comment and I look forward to visiting you too...
Love and Light
Frankie
xx
I have had a scout round and would like to add my tag to the following challenges:-
Divas by Design - Use Metal
Ruby's Rainbow - Use Metal
PanPastelUK Challenge blog - Distress it
Take a Word - Time

17 comments:

Helen said...

Hey, you were trying to confuse me - I thought I'd already been here once today, lol!! Love seeing the tag is so much detail. Wish my camera let me take such closeups....!

Von said...

Very happy for you Frankie :) and a super tag
Von x

Trish x said...

Glad to see you back in your craft room Frankie, the pictures are stunning
Trish xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Welcome back Frankie :) You've created a wonderful master piece, there are so many details.

Christine said...

Great to see you back in your craft room Frankie.
Your pictures are stunning and the design 'so you'
Hugs
Christine xx

Ink Art Designs said...

I am loving the subtleness of your colours too. This is fabulous steampunk!
Dot x

Netty said...

woo hoo glad to see you back Frankie, have missed your wonderful creations and wow this piece is sensational. Take care sweet lady, Annette x

Faye said...

Beautifully made, Frankie. You are back with renewed passion for art. Love your interpretation.

Unknown said...

Such a fantastic piece of steampunk. Great work & thanks for joining us at Divas

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous tag, love the steampunk look. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

lindyloo said...

wow this is one stunning creation thanks for joining us at the PanPastels Uk
lindyloo

Im just me - Marleen said...

its stunning, well done. thanks for joining in at the panpastel challenge xxx

Basslady said...

my goodness! what a stunning and stylish creation!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

I am soooooo glad I came across your Blog. I absolutely adore your creation!

I say I am glad, because I have just ordered those light bulbs from the Supplier I use for my Web Site and ebay, I was taking a bit of a risk, trouble is I love it so much, I was hoping other people would too! I ordered the little dolls too!

So I say thnkyou, I feel a bit better about taking the risk now:).

Hey, if all else failed I could use them myself anyway haha!! No that isnt the reason I ordered them:)!
love
michelle x

Ang C said...

WOW!!! What a fab tag


Thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

Laura said...

Whey hay good for you!

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic assemblage of steampunk items and ideas and great stamping of course that engine (yep I worked for the railways so know the difference!) is wonderful XOXO Zoe