DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Monday 3 October 2011

Bad Things Come in 3s!!!

Here I am on the last evening in Egypt in Luxor Temple, as the sun is falling fast... Now, speaking of that falling malarkey!!!... see the bandage on my right hand???  Well there IS a story...

My phone refused to get service when I was away, so I did not manage to contact my family all week... dodgy on-board Internet also precluded me from that too... so as I land last Wednesday, I start to get messages, as you do. They are all about my mum from the neighbour, asking me to contact her as soon as I can, so it does not sound good, eh?? When I ring her, I find out mum had collapsed earlier in the week and had been resuscitated no less than three times that very day!!!! After speaking to the hospital, I find she is comfortable and sleeping... but not out of the woods...

I finally get a text from my daughter saying all is well, she has had a little accident but not to worry.. PANIC PANIC WORRY WORRY!!!! so of course I ring her straight away and ask if she has pranged the car!! Hesitation.... deep breath... come on what has happened?? and finally a mouth full of medical stuff which mainly means she tripped and fell and broke BOTH tib and fib bones in her right leg, which pierced and popped through the skin, leaving her foot hanging off at an awful angle!!! - backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRR!!!, terror, worry etc etc... 

Anyway, she had done that the morning after I went on holiday, and had been in hospital until late Monday, getting the swelling down then being pinned and braced etc... weeks to heal and no load bearing for a couple of weeks.. She has two young children, my boys whom you have met before if you follow regularly!! 7 and 5 and no partner... temporary measures applied until I finally came home... we both wept copiously as you can imagine - her with relief I was back and me with guilt that I was not there!!!

And what of that bandaged hand??? Well, I fell on the boat, on an uneven corridor floor, did a superman flight through the air and landed on my face and hands, and flat on my front body with such an enormous BANG, that my head bounced twice and blood shot from my nose!! I thought it was broken at first... I now have a creeping black cheek/eye!!! And the hand?? Yes, I finally was dragged to hospital by the fragrant Freddie, on Friday, and I have broken my scaphoid bone in my wrist/base of thumb!!! Heavy heavy plaster till next Friday and no crafting for six weeks!!! I shall go MAD!!

And so dear reader, that is the sorry tale. 3 rubbish  generations ... they fitted a pace maker to mum on Saturday!!! We went to see her yesterday and I did not recognise her at all... she is so diminished, rambling and vacant... NOT my mum... I am afraid I wish that her God had taken her on Wednesday, as she has been begging me for the last 3 or 4 months... bald but heartfelt believe me... Miranda is healing, and getting around with a zimmer!! Laughing about that, as you can image. Unable to do much though as she has to hop at the mo, climbing stairs on her bum... and me??? Well it has taken a couple of hours to write this, and frustration has already set in!!! NOT supposed to drive, but I am doing the short trip down to daughter's, cos I have the boys here sleeping , getting ready for and taking to school!!! Just hooking with right fingers and driving with left... hey ho!!! I am back to bed at the mo to rest... this plaster is SO darned heavy, I need a crane to lift it by the end of the day...!!

So, dear reader... PLEASE don't desert my blog.... I have been SO pleased and flattered to have your company recently, and so many wonderfully supportive comments, I would HATE it if you strike me off your list cos there will be little art to see for a while!!! I will try to  share some photos etc with you and look forward to visting you all, with perhaps a short comment or two!!!

Thanks for popoing over and reading this tome!!!
Love and light
Frankie
xx

18 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Poor you, talk about going through it, it sounds like you really have, take care. Hugs trace x

Brenda Brown said...

Frankie I am so sorry to hear all the news, not a good time for you, and for life to come in 3's like this is hard. I hope you an stay positive and that all three of you mend quickly. I will say a little prayer for you and your family.
I hope you enjoyed Egypt, we went last year and I just loved it.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Helen said...

Oh, lovely Frankie - how did you manage to type all that - well done for doing it but I am sure you're not meant to be typing.... lol!
We are waiting for the hospital to decide whether they can move mum to the hospital where they will operate to remove the "mass" (still undiagnosed) so are also in limbo... much love to you.

ElizabethR said...

I can't believe you managed to type all that, you should be resting Mrs!!!!!!! Poor Miranda, it did make me chuckle though about her zimmer frame. Love and bug hugs to all. Elizabeth xx

Laura said...

Oh bless you! It is just so unfair when life grabs you like this and throws everything at you. I am so sorry for all your family. Big hugs
Laura

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

So sorry to hear all your sad news, I do feel for you all, it's so frustrating when you cannot get about or do what you want when you want but you will all get there, just take your time. We will all be here when you are fully recovered. My thoughts and best wishes to you all. Take care. Tracy x x

Netty said...

Oh wow Frankie this is a story and a half my friend. Of course we won't desert you, just hope all three of you heal quickly so life can get back to normal. Sending you hugs Annette x

Cardgenie said...

Frankie, so sorry to hear about you, your mum and your daughter, you must have been devasted when you found out what had gone on while you were away. Don't worry I won't desert your blog, although I bet you won't last 6 weeks without crafting. Take care of yourself. Jean.xx

lisa said...

Oh Frankie. Life has really dealt you a poor hand lately hasn't it my friend. MY thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope your poor daughter mends quickly and you as well. I know how you feel with that pot although this will make you laugh. My Mum did the same thing while we were on holiday in Italy and had to have the bones pined in an Italian hospital. They gave her a pot from her knuckles to her shoulder and it was an old fashioned plaster of paris one, so heavy if she'd have swung round and hit someone she'd have knocked them out. The UK hospital roared with laughter when they saw it and she now has a little tiny purple one in it's place that she loves!!
The time will go quickly and then it'll be gone so don't despair and we'll all still be here when you're fit and raring to go again.
Take it easy and take care
Love and Hugs Lisax

The Stamp Man said...

I cannot believe all this is happening to you at once Frankie, I'm so sorry to hear that you are all suffering like this.

I too am amazed that you managed to type all that Frankie, but am sure you wanted to let all your friends know, and of course we would want to know, but now it's time to rest that wrist lady!!

Wishing you all speedy recoveries and hope that lots and lots of light floods into your lives to make things easier. We'll all be here awaiting your return.

Take care

Love Jill x

Carla said...

sorry to hear all the bad news, take care of yourself and wish you all 3 good and speedy recovery!

Alison Horne said...

Hope you are all on the mend, I see a new blog on the horizon 'Frankies leftside'. much love.xxxxx

Artyjen said...

Oh my! I so sympathise with your bad news especially regarding your Mum.....life is tough! Hopefully a speedy recovery will be had very soon. :)
xoxo Sioux

okienurse said...

Came on to read WOYWW and had to come read this...Like you I am holiday with no access to home so I think after I get off here I will go and send an email home to make sure no one is trying to get in touch with me. Hope everyone is doing better now.

The Crafty Elf said...

OMG.....you poor dear! What a time! I can't even imagine. Honestly....there is no where to go from here but up! Here is a big virtual hug **hug** and good luck with everything. I can't believe through all this you found the time, energy and will to post. That speaks volumes!!!

Mrs A. said...

Oh my. Sending you an email so that we can laugh and cry together over our families!! Hugs Mrs A.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear Frankie, what a homecoming. Sending you hugs, sparkles and light! Valerie

Jen said...

Sorry to hear all this Frankie. Glad you were not more hurt. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you all.
hugs Jen x