DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Saturday 13 August 2011

T!m Holtz Birdcage Swap

Corr... is this lady excited or what??!! I have been looking forward to launching this for so long, and now it's here... I have hinted at something for a while, then tentatively floated the idea on WOYWW and loads of peeps said they are interested... wooo!!! So what is "IT" you are now asking... well... get a cuppa and sit a while so I can run through it...

VERY soon, it will be my 300th post on this blog, and so my lovely followers, I want to celebrate with a swap... now I adore the TH birdage die, and would like to have that as the theme... some gals have asked if they are ok to join as they are international... and I shout HELL YES!!! Some have also asked if they could use some other birdcage, and I don't see why not, but I don't know of one, do you??? (Actually I have found a couple of mariane dies which would fit the bill, since writing that!!)

I have popped a couple of my cagey makes here to pretty-up this post... some are bigger and more grand than others, and that makes me think of an important rule... size - well it DOES matter in this case!!! so we all have a similar starting point...


 Both of these are quite large at 81/2" square, and I think that would be excessive for postage!!! don't you?? In both cases, the cages were cut from thick card and triple embossed...

This card was made for a Stampman floral challenge, and this size is not too bad, what say you?? The cage was cut from gold cardstock...

 This was a retirement card for one of Freddie's friends, so not much bigger than the height of the cage cut out... that's more like it methinks... the cage was cut from very thin wood...

 And this little chappie is a #8 tag made for my daughter's Inspiration Album... is that too small??? The cage was cut from white shiny cardstock...

Well, this one got EVEN smaller because it is made from shrink plastic, and is very teeny tinyness!!! Tee hee... so how big then? I think the optimum is about #8 tag or postcard 6"x4"... but I'm sure many of you will find ways to be creative with your space!!!

So to the rules of the swap - please only commit if you intend to follow through. I had a horrid experience with the WOYWW birthday swap at first, where my partner did not make anything tangible, but fortunately some lovely people took pity and I got nice gifts after all. Another decision to make here, about who will you all swap with?? Well, I think I will put you in two hats and get the fragrant Freddie to pull out partners a la footie thingie, ok?? Here's hoping we are an even number... and I think we should deffo keep them secret until the day, what do you think??

What to do
1) make your birdcage piece by 7th September 2011
2) size to be #8 tag or postcard 6"x4"... but, if you fancy being 3D, that's up to you!! it's your postage!!
3) take note of your swap partner then get their address on 7th September
4) send to your partner as SOON as possible after the closing date - 7th September
5) sit back and wait for your loveliness to arrive, and try not to get too excited!!!

However, I am SO excited already cos I know of some VERY lovely crafters out there who have already said they want to join in... you can spy them on my blog here... YES, her, and her and him and her...... wooo, fabulous eh??!! So come on and say you too will join in - btw, if you have already said yes, no need to do so again, as I have started a list and you will be on it... We can then post our swaps on my blog through an inlinkz thingie, so all can see all...

Coming to an end now, with a plea to join in and also to say whether I have forgotten anything, or could make anything different, like choosing the partners , size etc... I want you ALL to be comfortable and really happy with this swap, so shout up if I am talking through my hat again!!! tee hee wouldn't be the first time eh?? I think this will be awesome and am really looking forward to making something for my lovely partner, whoever he or she may be!!! Thanks for getting through this marathon post -
Love and light
Frankie
xx

 Other possibilities if you don't have the TH die...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning...I have just found you via Hels...I'd love to take part please..Silly question time...Is this size Tag the same as Tim's? Only I have his Tag Die and if it's the same I know I can use it...Looking forward to it.. Thank you. S x

ElizabethR said...

Fab will get thinking hat on. Off to work now. Love Elizabeth xxx

Janet said...

Hi Frankie,can you put my name down to join in the birdcage swap please
Janet x

Anonymous said...

yay !! excited excited excited !


Aj.

Rainbow Lady said...

Methinks I may just join in this one my friend.... me likey lookie of it xx

Helen said...

Count me in Frankie!

JoZart Designs said...

HI Frankie... lovely birdcages already. I've added my name but must back out as I have the family coming next week, Donna the next week and then Woo hoo! just booked flights so I'm flying to Germany to see "you know who" so my time has been cut short. I'd rather cancel now than let you down later.
So sorry.....
Love Jo x

DeeDee Catron said...

Oh I am SO excited --- your work is lovely --- and so many of your followers have drool worthy work, as well! YAY!

Hettie said...

OOO! Oo! Me! Me! Can I join in?!!!

blackdragon said...

My Dear Dragon.... hows things? Hows your Mum?
I have just had 2...yes 2 weeks respite from my oldies... my little girls and i had so much fun...but its back to reality today.
I would love to join in with the bird cage swap.... just be careful who you pair me with! Ha Ha!
much love always my friend.... xxx

Sherry said...

This is one of my favourite dies too so I'd love to join in please. Love your ones!

Sarah said...

Said yes last week and I will now officially sign on the dotted line...I have a few days spare so will get onto it. Great idea and lots of fun to be had indeed.
Sarah

okienurse said...

Yay Frankie! Sign me up for a swap spot please! I love that die and have used the Movers and Shapers cage a lot recently. Vickie

Elizabeth said...

Hi Frankie, I'd like to join in too. DH is going to be away for a couple of days so should have plenty of uninterrupted crafting time ahead ... not got the right size tag so will go for the postcard size. Elixabeth x

Mrs A. said...

I don't have this die but have a bird cage stamp I can transform into one so would love to join in with this swap please if this is okay. Hugs Mrs A.

Alison Horne said...

Would love to join in as this is my favourite die. what size is a #8 tag?x

Jona Panesa said...

the birdcage is my favorite die too. I would love to join but no time now to make. maybe next time!

Jona Panesa said...

oh wait, I thought it should be mailed by Sept 7. I can still join and make one tag. count me in!!!

Jen said...

Can you count me in too please Frankie.
Jen x

jude said...

Hiya would love to join in just seen this as been away on hols just got back to do woyww.
so please count me in i will get creatiing
hugs jduex

Unknown said...

Hi Frankie I would love to join in if I am not to late
Luv Jane xxx