DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Friday 19 August 2011

A Theraputic Piece

Hi... not like me to post at the weekend, but I have had such a weird couple of days... bad, bad, bad with my mother on Thursday morning, starting before I got up... 8.15am on the phone cos she had no knickers, or could not find them... SOOO distressed, I was overwhelmed!!! Then many more of a similar ilk until after lunchtime... I was exhausted.

 Went to bed reasonable time Thursday night, but only drifted along the edges of sleeping ALL night, my friends...even MORE exhausted!!! so this morning, I collected up some bits pieces and tools, and set to work on my creation...whilst resting in my bed!!! How jolly decadent is THAT!!?? And this little beauty is what I made... Lots of beads and bits, strung on wires then added to the chain...

 I chose a mainly neutral set of colours, with some of these fab shiny ones... you can see the honey and dark ones, all looking very established. The rose ones have wrapping wire around their loops...if you look carefully you can see me taking the photo in that big, shiny bead, centre picture...

 I made three teeny tiny tags yesterday and popped them into my VV in the time Holtz embossing folder,,, they came up very well. The one above was in the bird bit of the folder... all shiny after buffing with the Vintaj sanding block...

 Lots of ickle beads were wired and added, including these fabby scissors... I purposely used different coloured wire and metal throughout...

 Here is another tag, cut from a Vintaj square blank, with my trusty TH scissors... I spy an ickle birdie here too...
I might give this to a friend who has a birthday this weekend, or to my daughter, or I might just keep it for myself!!! It does look lovely worn on the wrist and NOT on a bottle, tee hee!!.

It took me about 3 hours from collecting to finishing off, and in that time, I did not think about mum or anything, really, so it was a very theraputic piece to make this morning... After that, I was able to ring her and we had a reasonable chat, even laughed a bit, and she seemed to remember the lack of knickers from yesterday!!! and made fun of herself and me for not knowing where they all were... she knew the drawer this morning, but there is NO rhyme or reason that says she will know where to look next time

Well thanks for looking, and don't forget to leave me a comment, cos I lurve hearing what you think... Also don't forget the birdcage swap... deets at the top of the postings here... I had the wrong email down - forgot an "o" in my name!!!! So it should work now...
Love and light
Frankie
xx

7 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh ahhh, this is totally GORGEOUS and how did you know it is my birthday on this weekend too... yep, Saturday AND Sunday ... both days... rofl Hoping you manage to get some kip tonight hun and things with Mum get better soon x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Frankie you are being very kind and wise to yourself re your Mum. It is really important too but I am sure others have told you that too.
Having nursed my Mum for a long time the time out and the creating are essential.
Your bracelet, which should be a keepsake for you is totally lovely.
Have a peaceful, creative weekend. I am sending you a cyber hug from Australia.

Netty said...

I hope you get some sleep tonight Frankie. Your bracelet is stunning and love how you've created it. Sending you hugs, Annette x

Lynne Forsythe said...

ohhhhhhhhh Frankie......so who was the lucky recipient??? a GORGEOUS piece.....and I spy the Vintaj!!

Helen said...

So glad you found time to make this it is beautiful. Hope your weekend goes well. I am visiting my mum this afternoon, after the football which is on at lunchtime.

Claire said...

This is gorgeous Frankie, hope you catch up on your sleep soon.
C
xx

Janet said...

Good for you Gal! Keep on with the jewellery - if it takes your mind off your worries it is worth its weight in gold. Lovely piece and gorgeous colours.

Janet xx