DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Friday 12 August 2011

Stampman Challenge - Anything Goes in Summer Colours DT Piece

The new challenge over at the Stampman is all about summer colours and you can do whatever you want... so I made a card - don't faint... it doesn't happen often, but here it is...

 I knew I wanted to make some flowers, cos I am mad about them... I used the TH tattered florals die to cut my blanks, then did the cutting smaller and smaller thingie... They came out well I think...

 This central image is an Aspect of Design piece from the 06 nature collection... I stamped it in black archival over a smoochy distress ink/stain background... then stamped again and layered alternate ones in darker coloured stains...

 Here is the whole topper... I stamped two framies and cut them in half so I could attach them to my main piece, top, bottom and sides... I like the effect...

Here is the photo which shows the 3D effects of the card... the punched paper is done with a Martha Stewart punch, and the crease card is distress core'dinations...

 And finally, the finished card, ready for a friend's birthday later this month... I don't often do pinky colours like this, let's face it!!! so all round, this is quite a change for me... I do like a challenge and I am going back to my "crafty 'oom" as my grandson used to call it (so we all do now!!) to TRY to get stuff sorted... I think after 4 years, I am entitled to take over all the drawers etc, and Pete's stuff will finally have to move over!!! Phew... that's quite a move forward...

So there you are... why not join in with the challenge? You have a fortnight to do it and don't forget that Jill gives a great prize for the overall winner... the others get the blinkie for their sidebar...

Thanks for looking and commenting...but most of all, ENJOY!!
Love and light
Frankie
xx

5 comments:

Helen said...

Frankie, it is GORGEOUS!! Love the colours - I don't often do pink either, I think. Good luck with your appropriation of drawers - go for it!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wonderful summery piece, love the colours, so cheery and the flowers are stunning as is each little square piece of art, very effective. Tracy xv

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is so beautiful!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I absolutely love your colour combination and the use of black as a balance.
What is the cutting smaller Thingie??? Frankie.
A bit of deliciousness at the end of a long day.

Risa said...

That is so beautiful!!! I really love it.