DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Friday 1 April 2011

The Three Muses - Steampunk

 Here is my piece for The Three Muses challenge this week - Steampunkerie.... a favourite topic of mine, as those who have seen my jewellery pieces will know - nearly entered them, but they are too well known !!! smacky handy!!!

It is a whopping 10"x10" because I am using some of the Graphics 45 Steampunk stack and wanted to use some large chunks - cutting into it nearly broke my nerve, but I kept steady!!! tee hee.

 So here we go with the first close up view, of the top left. I painted the whole card piece in a mixture of copper and bronze eco, then a pva glue sandwich with black on top - not much left showing, but there is a bit here and down the righthand side. The whole lefthand side is a piece of the paper that has this lady on it. I added some rosey bits to her hat and waist, and made a clocky thing for her throat... Peeking from behind her hat is one of those skrink watches I made on my WOYWW desk... I KNEW they would come in handy!!

 Here at the righthand corner is a little box I made a long time ago for a TIO challenge, and I have altered it a bit to go here - it is like a mini printer's tray that had Chinese coins in it, at one time...

 This middle right section showa a bit more of the crackling with eco paints/pva sandwich, and features some coiled copper wire, done on my coiling machine!!! Fab... Here is the tiny cage from TH, but when I went to cut it my loverly, bootiful new Vagabond gave up the ghost and stopped working!!!! BOO HOO!!!!  Thank goodness for the little bug under my desk still!!! So it will have to go back and I will have to await new stock!!! Ah, well....

 This little box is the third and last from the TH configurations day... I papered it using the butterflies from the back of the sheet I was cutting, then added a butterfly and this ticket from my stamp set... the box is crackled too, and has some gears and sprockets etc added... yummy...

 Finally, I made some of those roses I love so much (thanks JoZarty for showing me the link to Lynne Forsythe and her wonderful video tutorial ) and painted them copper, distressed black and bronze. I stuck some of them to cogs and then added some of the coiled copper wire, pulled and twisted... bit like me then - well the twisted bit anyway!!!

So there it is... I hope you liked looking and I hope those guys over at The Three Muses like it... well, I do so I shall have to find somewhere to put it!!

Thanks for looking , and for your lovely comments, much appreciated
Love and Light
Frankie
xx

12 comments:

Ruby said...

Oh, Frankie! I love what you have done to your piece for the "Three Muses Challenge". It makes me want to get out my stuff and try my hand at making one for me. Way to go, Girl!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Corrrrrrrrrrr
Swoooooons
I LUUUURVE this.... more than I love cheese and onion crisps... and that is a VERY lot!!!

indybev said...

Well, Frankie, I can speak for this guy at Three Muses....I LOVE IT !!!! (and I meant to shout that!) So many wonderful, clever, artful details. What a beautiful piece of steampunkery. BRAVO and standing ovation!

Netty said...

Definitely a standing ovation Frankie, totally wonderful piece with so many fabulous details. Have a great weekend. Annette x

Taluula said...

Well, I am one of those guys over at the Three Muses and I LOVE IT. So much work in there and such fantastic loving detail. Fabulous.

Lynne Forsythe said...

Frankie.......WHOOOO HOOOO....love what you did with your roses!! WATCH OUT....they are addicting!! Thanks for the shout out!

BTW.....GORGEOUS PIECE!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Steampunk piece, love all the little embellishments and trinkets, very creative and a great deal of work, very much worth all the effort. Tracy x

Janet said...

What can I say? Full of metallic mechanic gorgeousness. Take a bow!

Janet xx

Gerri Herbst said...

Such a fabulous Steampunk piece. The dimensions, the details, the composition are all so amzing. I think Im in love with it! LOL. Great piece...gerri

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what a fantastic piece!

Heidi said...

This is fantastic!
Love all the details:)

PsyPenguin said...

Wow! that's really stunning!