DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 19 August 2009

TIO #17 A Circle Embraces, a line divides

This is my tag piece for the DragonsDream TIO #17 challenge this week, a circle embraces, a line divides. It was inspired by the lovely ring Freddie gave me for our engagement / betrothal on Monday, this week!!! This is it below... it is rose and yellow gold and the flower centre has a diamond set into it... so very pretty. Well, I think so, but then I would I suppose!!! Woo... the picture does not do it justice, as I could not capture the lovely pinky tones of the rose gold. Still, you get the idea...

I started with a piece of soft gold, pearlised card and printed the UMount swirls and flower in gold and rose gold, respectively. The face and keys are from a Judikins cube called treasure. I masked the face and overprinted with my Aspects of Design net, and stamped the UMount sentiment . I used distress inks and my inky tool to blot colour on to various areas, then covered it all with clear ep, to give a dreamy look. The lips and flower centre are highlighted with pearlydoodles, in red.
Thanks so much for looking, and following mine and Freddie's story... there will be more to come next June, but not necessarily what you are thinking!!... the Dragon has dreamed something quite different...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many, many congratulations to you both Frankie - I've been waiting to hear this! I wish you both many happy years together.:-))
Stunning tag too!
Ann x

Karen said...

Oh Frankie....I am so THRILLED for you & Fred!!!! It is so well deserved my lovely and I hope you have a lovely, happy, fun-filled life together. Awe....I just can't find the right words...BIG HUGS to you both XXX

Unknown said...

Fabulous and happy and wonderful congratulations to the both of you! I am so happy for you! Your ring is so beautiful too!
I also wish you many years filled with love and laughter and happiness and most of all togetherness!
all my best,
Beth♥♥♥

Faye said...

Wishing you much, much happiness, Frankie! The ring is so beautiful and is unique. I've never seen one like it before. Your circle tag is also beautiful. I will try to do something for the tag challenge today.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news on your blog today - bright blessings to you both. Enjoy every happiness together! :)

Christine said...

Fabulous news Frankie, I am so thrilled for you both. Wishing you a lovely, happy, fun filled and long life together.
I can now guess what else 2010 will bring
Love & Hugs to you both
Christine xxxx

Wanda said...

Warmest congratulations my friend. I am so pleased for you both. You deserve a bit of happiness after all you have been through. Your ring is lovely. Now, when is the big day?
I love the tag as well.
Wanda

Rhonda said...

This is such lovely news Frankie! Congratulations to you and Fred, you are both so deserving of happiness. How wonderful. Cheers!

starcyl said...

Well what a surprise, (NOT)!! Many congratulations to you both, you were made for each other and it showed on our weekend away even though it was still quite new. You make a great couple and I know you will be very happy.

Love to you both, Jenny xx

Artsnark said...

gorgeous piece & congrats to you both!

Kris Dickinson said...

Congratulations Frankie! It's a beautiful ring and I'm very excited for you and Freddie! ((HUGS)) - Kris

Beryl K said...

Many congratulations Frankie, how wonderful for you both, I am so pleased for you. The ring is just gorgeous and your tag is fabby too.
Beryl x

Rainbow Lady said...

Trying to get you on email but no luck. Coming home on Weds back up North Thurs.
Speak with you then, love and hugs to ou both Cynthia x

lisa said...

Well I don't know Frankie. I go on holiday and it all happens while I'm away. Many Many congratulations on your engagement. I'm so happy for you after the tough weeks you've had lately. Your ring is just beautiful.
All the very best for the future.
I love your tags and the cards you've been making lately, I've just been having a browse through the posts I've missed.
Will be back with the tag challenge now.
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

Lisax

Sarah - Stamp Addicts said...

Congratulations Frankie.
Sending you love & hugs
Sarah

Karin said...

Congratulations Frankie.
hugs Karin x