DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 6 May 2009

April Showers Rainbow Swap



How wicked am I ?? This is SO late and I have only excuses... But I hope my partner likes it and forgives me. At least I told her it was going to be late!!

I stamped a Kodomo lady for the front image, in versafine onyx black and embossed in clear. I took a shiny card and used my sponge pad on my alcohol ink tool. The ink pads were distress inks in old paper, mustard seed and dried marigold. After splodging all over in this mixture, I spritzed with water. The effect is beautiful. I was very taken with it. I had masked the lady, so she was white and so I painted her with the same inks, plus a little sparkle from Sakura pens. The embellishment is an inchie I made for my recent guest designer stint at InchyByInch. The rain / shower is done with a rule and a Zig millenium pen.

The back of the card is a stamp from Hobby Art called floral display. I LOVE it. I used the small floral scroll, too, to make the background, front and back. I have put the card into the post now, so my partner should get it soon... better later than never!!

4 comments:

AliMayes said...

Whoever your swap partner is I know she'll be delighted to get this - even if it is late it's certainly worth waiting for!
Ali xx

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Frankie and I've no doubt that your partner thinks it well worth waiting for
Ann x

Char said...

Both of these cards are wonderful. Lovely soft colors.

Char said...

Well, see what I get for being so involved in looking and not reading. Guess I better learn to do both at the same time. Thanks.