DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Monday 2 March 2009

Fine Feathers

Here is my piece for two challenges this week. The first inspiration was feathers for TGIF, and the second was Make it Monday, turquoise. I began by making the backing paper, from a thin card, sprayed with several colours of Glimmer mists, such as turquoise, latte, sea glass and sea foam. When it was very wet, I did my old trick of covering it with bubble-wrap until it dried. This gave a wonderfully textured surface upon which I stamped the background feathers from the Elusive Images peacock plate. I covered them with clear ep, so they shine a little.

With the same colours of mists, I sprayed on to my heat sheet and placed another piece of thin card over to soak up the mixture for a smooth look, then I used my alcohol inks, in stream, butterscotch, bottle and latte, to make a wonderfully deep set of colours on top. I stamped the two square images with black stazon and used clear ep to make the image stand out. Several different feathers, from the plate, were stamped on to the smooth colour card, cut out and placed strategically on the sheet. The whole piece is displayed on a vintage cash sheet from The Graphics Fairy. This is all so much more colourful and shimmery in real life, than on the scan. I can see it will make into a card eventually. Thanks for looking - I was so tickled with the result!!! lol

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Wooooooooooooooooow this is brilliant.
Unbelievable work. I love it.

Thanks Frankie for this gorgeous entry to TGiF.

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful work Frankie, the colours are fantastic
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Oh Frankie, that is beautiful
Beryl x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, great colours

Christine said...

Frankie, you should be very pleased with the result. So many techniques used, all your colours are stunning.
Hugs
Christine xx

June said...

Tjis is stunning work. What a beautiful make
Hugs June xxx

Rosie said...

Beautiful work Frankie!

Rika said...

Beautiful card!

Anne said...

Stunning work Frankie x