DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Saturday 14 February 2009

Peony Fairy in her Magical Cave

This was an interesting challenge. I know a lot of you out there are expert at photo manipulation... that was my husband's passion, not mine. Now I wish I had taken more notice on the how, instead of the finished article!!! So, I set out to make this background, physically, by printing it and cutting it in various ways. It was given to us by Wil, for the challenge at Art Creations Friday. I am reasonably happy with the way it turned out. The central image is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian CD, and a Chinese peony flower, I have in my collection. I have highlighted her bodice and wing-eyes by adding a layer of Crystal Lacquer - a great medium I have just discovered!

12 comments:

Femmy said...

fabulous card!!!!

Rainbow Lady said...

She is beautiful very ethereal. Love Cynthia x

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Frankie
Ann x

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful card !!!
.
Thanks for this lovely entry to ACF

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card.

Tacey said...

This is really beautiful! I love the fairy and the touch of pink in this card.

AliMayes said...

Lovely Frankie -- I'm still looking at the background and wondering what to do with it!!!
Ali xx

Christine said...

Unusual idea for a background Frankie, love everything about it.
Christine x

Sally said...

Lovely work.

Beryl said...

Wow, I love the surround. It's beautiful and the fairy lady is lovely too.
Beryl xx

Buffy said...

Love the fairy with the background. Perfect.

Kristen H said...

This is beautiful I love how you dimensionalized it with all the layers! What a neat idea!