DragonsWeb

Welcome to my blog. Please take a look around and enjoy yourself. I hope my work will give you pleasure and inspiration, but please be kind and don't use any of it as your own.

When you have looked, why not leave me a comment, as I value what followers and visitors have to say.


Then pop over to DragonsDream Tag It On and DragonsDarkerSide

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Alchemy - GOLD!!! 2 Challenges

Back to where I began - this is what started me crafting / stamping. I saw Carol from Stamp Addicts, doing triple embossing and thought it was MAGIC... it really is alchemy. In making this 4x4, I have used gold and Moonglow two toned golds, which make rose and green gold colours. I stamped into the hot melted mixture with an Aspect of Design stamp, which Ali reminded me of, when she used it. I also used a flourish from a UMount plate, plus some text from AofD, and a few dots of gold Pearlidoodles. It is scrummy and golden, in real life, rich and textural (is that a new word??!!)

I am entering it into 2 challenges today, at My Time to Craft, Go for Gold and Created by Hand, Gold.

12 comments:

AliMayes said...

Wow Frankie! I keep saying I must try triple embossing and seeing this makes me even more determined; maybe later!!!
Ali xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Wow!!! This must be fabulous IRL Frankie. I've done lots of triple embossing over the years, but don't remember ever doing anything this size. Gorgeous and luscious!
Ann x

Chrissie said...

Oh now, you see, Frankie this is just stunning! I ADORE the look of triple embossing and this is one of the best, I'm very jealous!!

Kristen H said...

This is beautiful! It looks like a fossil in gold. I will have to look into how this process is done. What marvelous results!

RubyMay said...

Wow...Frankie...this is stunning ! x

Beryl said...

It really looks like a piece of moulded metal. It's terrific.
Beryl xx

Phree said...

Fab 4x4, I'm totally in agreement with you on the magic of stamping into UTEE.

Lesley said...

Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Shelly Hickox said...

This is gorgeous! I absolutely love embossing powder, UTEE, all of it. It *is* magic!

K said...

beautiful creation!

Sarah - Stamp Addicts said...

Don't you find it so refreshing to go back to where you started but then add something new to the original techniques that your learnt. Sometimes I am so busy looking forward that I forget that occasionally we need to re-visit techniques and look at them with fresh eyes - it helps to re-awaken the passion for crafting (should it ever diminish!).

Quietfire said...

Whew! Yup, wow, I'd say that was gold! Very cool - I haven't done this in ages - so you've got me all fired up to try it again. Thanks so much for taking the Created byhand gold Challenge!